Monday 24 August 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince(a review from a non HP fan)

First of all let me say I am not a fan of Harry Potter at all(I have only seen the first three movies and haven't read all the books) therefore I was a bit skeptical about going to watch The Half Blood Prince. After watching it I am very glad I did. The Half Blood Prince thankfully seems to be a lot darker and more adult than the rest of the HP movies I have seen. I found the first two HP movies very childish so I greeted the change in tone with open arms. A couple of things about the movie did confuse me but that is hardly the film's fault, since I have not seen the previous two and some elements seemed to be a continuation from them. I was also surprised to see how different the actors look now, in particular Ginny Weasley. When I last saw in a HP movie she was a little girl and now there is a hint of romance between her and Harry Potter. I was also shocked by the death of headmaster Albus Dumbeldore, for fans of the books this would have been non surprise at all but I haven't read all the books. Enough of my rambling I thought it was a very good movie and definately worth the price of the cinema ticket. In fact The Half Blood Prince I may try watching the previous installments I haven't seen and await future ones with bated breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment